Thursday, December 29, 2022

 Music I really like..

I am a person who enjoys a wide spectrum of music. 

I enjoy everything from New Age to classical music.... there is just a narrow band of things I really don't care for.   I am not so keen on rap, R&B or country, though some country I do like,- Willie Nelson is one I like some of his songs.  One artist I like a lot
of their songs of is the Kongos.  

They just put out an instrumental version of their songs and it is fantastic.  One of the few bands which can make the accordion like-able, yes Weird Al is another.  Hearing these songs instrumentally, is an enjoyable experience and I am glad this band who had already put our an album of these songs have done this version.   On the other end of the spectrum, I love really cool movie tracks.  One of my favorites is from Inception, particularly the track called Time.  

Another one I like is the soundtrack to Kama Sutra..  I know what you may think- and actually the movie isn't as racy as you may be thinking.  No I wouldn't of watched it if it was.  I have seen it with my mother, yep and I was about 22. The locations they used were really wonderful, it's set in India,   The soundtrack is really beautiful, rich Indian music that really draws you to in.   To another end of the wide rage of things I like to listen to,

I really like atmospheric New age music and that can have a very wide rage of artists. Anything from space music to Enya and I like a lot of all of that. I really like to listen to it when I am concentrating.  If I am busy making soaps or cleaning the house, then anything from Erasure to Hugh Laurie will be playing. Back to  New age,  My friend introduced me to the music of Ray Lynch. She had it on one of those CD players which could play multiple CDs.  

His was one of them, Perry Como was another ( she was from just outside of Las Vegas) and Van Halen. I like the first two to this day, never got into Van Halen.  I also really enjoy Carbon based Life forms.  Another  type of of genre I like is alternative music- one of my favorites is Depeche Mode. I was introduced to their music by my older brother and I have enjoyed their music ever since.  

I also like bands like Lord Huron- I am not sure what genre they fit in exactly they aren't exactly country but not exactly alternative and I would not describe them as pop music.  A more recent like of mine is the The Killers.  From Mr Brightside to Read my mind I have really enjoyed their music so far. 

Alright, there is a short snapshot of things I listen to- I listen to lots more not mentioned but here is a snapshot for you.









No comments:

Post a Comment

  Hello again!  Back to the blog I am,  The furnace in my house decided to not work but it will be sorted out tomorrow- till then its space ...