Wednesday, December 28, 2022



In the thick of winter...


Well, it's still December but already lots of snow has fallen. The forecast calls for guess what?  Snow and then more snow... and then you guessed it.. more snow. Its going to snow for days. Here is what it currently looks like from where I am.





According to the forecast, it is going to snow nearly every day from today to next Friday. Which makes the current things I like to do all the better because they are indoor pursuits and not in the cold. I enjoy going for walks, but not in this weather. Unlike some people in my state, Winter sports just aren't my jam. I haven't skied since I was 8 yrs old and I am totally fine with this. I was never into it as a kid. Probably because I was not superb at them, I was too scared thinking my skis would not stop and such and getting out of my snow boots was always a pain.  

Other members of my family love skiing and still go. They have passed that love on to their kids now.  This is fine and great, I am not anti-ski. It just isn't for me, nor is ice skating.  I have tried that a few times and never was great at that either. If you love these sports by all means, keep doing them. I just have tried them and found I rather didn't like them.  Get me near a swimming pool, then I am super eager to go in it. I prefer indoor swimming pools, but outdoor ones are fine as well. I love swimming, I always have loved being in the water. I don't know how good I am at it, but I enjoy it and can swim well- so I guess I am ok nothing Olympic medalist level, but good. 

Not being active in winter sports doesn't mean I just sit around and be lazy,  I keep busy with the hobbies I love doing and one of them will turn into a business ( once my apartment gets all finished,) I do things to keep myself busy as one should do. Winter can be a productive time of year.  You just have to go about it a bit differently. Stay warm and stay busy folks! Till next post.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Hello again!  Back to the blog I am,  The furnace in my house decided to not work but it will be sorted out tomorrow- till then its space ...